If you are interested in adopting, please print and fill out an adoption questionnaire or stop by the shelter to do so. Adoption fees include spaying or neutering, the first series of vaccinations, a heart worm test, internal and external parasite control, plus a free health evaluation with a local participating veterinarian. Your dog also comes with a personalized ID tag, microchip that we will register for you at time of adoption, one month of free Pet Insurance with 24 Hour Petwatch and the offer of discounted Obedience Classes. We also offer a Behavioral Helpline. Call 207-985-3244 x 131, leave a message, and one of our knowledgeable staff members will call you back. If you are planning to adopt a dog or puppy please bring an appropriate leash and collar or plan to buy one at a minimal charge. Dogs and puppies must leave on a leash.
- Puppies 8 weeks to 6 months are $385.00 – $485.00
- Dogs 7 months to 11 months are $315.00 – $385.00
- Dogs 1 year to 7 1/2 years are $285.00 – $315.00
- Dogs 8 years and over are $99.00 – $145.00
- Please remember that we operate on a first-come, first-served basis.
- We open our doors at 11am; however, adopters may have begun forming a line prior to this. We cannot control what time interested parties choose to arrive. People may have camped out through the night to be first in line for the pet that they wanted. When the staff arrives numbers will be issued to those who are waiting.
- Visitors must first have filled out an adoption questionnaire before interacting with the animals.
- Visitors will be allowed 15 minutes to themselves to view pets who have multiple adopters waiting to narrow their choice.
- A commitment does not have to be made within the 15 minute time frame, though after 15 minutes, the next in line will have access to available animals, and so on.
- Please remember that you may wait 15 minutes for every person/family in front of you, though usually adopters have an animal in mind before coming to the shelter and choices are made quickly. Please be prepared to wait for those ahead of you to make their choices and complete their adoptions. We do our best to keep things moving quickly.
- All family members must be present, including the family dog(s) if you are considering adopting a dog.
- If you are planning to adopt a dog or puppy please bring an appropriate leash and collar or plan to buy one at a minimal charge. Dogs and puppies must leave on a leash.
Approx 20 lbs.
Shy buy very sweet and easy going
Adoption Fee: $285
Breed: American Shelter Dog
Age: 1 years