Our Humane Educator visits local schools to teach a variety of animal-related programs. Humane education is an important part of any child’s early learning experience.
All AWS classes include a presentation and a question-and-answer period. We have printed handouts for students to keep, and we can bring shelter animals for a visit. Topics include:
- Pet care
- Humane animal treatment
- The Link between human and animal violence
- Animal cruelty and neglect: what can you do to help?
- Animal overpopulation
- The Animal Welfare Society
- Animal safety
- Dog bite prevention
- Kids and canine companions
- … and more. If you’re interested in a different topic, just ask.
We offer one free presentation per year to each local school. For each subsequent visit within a school year, there is a $40 charge to cover our staff and travel costs. For more information or to schedule a class, call Megan at (207) 985-3244 ext. 109 or send an email.