2 mos, Female, Short Hair
Everly came to the shelter 2 weeks after her brother! She must have been hiding because she was less socialized but she has learned to get around, spend time with people, and learned from her brother (and step-brother!). She would really enjoy staying with her brother as she continues to learn how to socialize and be a pet.
Needs to be adopted with Barney
Adoption Fee: $130
Breed: Domestic Short Hair
Age: 2 months
Have you ever heard of radial hypoplasia? Hypoplasia simply means that they have crooked legs compared to “normal” cats but they can still move around, use low-sided litter boxes, and be affectionate sweeties and eventual climbers. THEY ARE GREAT CATS who learn to adapt to their physical conditions so that they play, hop, or walk around like any kittens! These guys were given the chance to have full lives to share with someone!
Some facts about radial hypoplasia:
– Is a physical condition related to bones (lack of bones, lack of development, etc.)
– Is not contagious to other cats/animals
– Appreciates rugs to help with mobility
– Might need ramps to get on high places and stairs are not necessarily doable
– Life expectancy is the same as cats without hypoplasia
– Might need help with cleaning face
– Find ways to adapt to become more mobile throughout life
– They don’t know they are any different than other cats!
Their legs cannot be fixed, it is disabled physical condition that cats can adapt to. Even though they have physical disabilities, and perhaps need a little extra love and attention, they will delight you with their special hearts. Because of their special needs and physical vulnerabilities, they must be indoor cats only and would appreciate quiet homes with loving, patient and supportive humans to care for them.
FMI and everything you need to know about adopting cats with hypoplasia, please visit: http://messybeast.com/disabled.htm