Terms & Conditions
COVID-19 POLICIES AND PROTOCOLS
We are adjusting the protocols for our group class, drop in sessions and private consultation to adhere to State and CDC mandates on sanitation and social distancing.
If you are looking to register for new classes, please check back on our website regularly for updates or subscribe to our New Class Mailing List to be alerted with the most current department news.
We are now able to offer private consultations in-person at AWS. We will continue to offer – and encourage – virtual consultations via phone or a meeting app such as Zoom. After you fill out your private consultation request form, you and the trainer can discuss the type of consultation that’s best for you and your dog.
Scheduling & Cancellation
- Registrations for all training programs will be conducted via phone, email or website.
- Notice of any program changes or cancellations will be sent via email.
- Outdoor classes and programs may be cancelled due to inclement weather.
- If you do need to cancel your registration due to illness, we will waive the cancellation fee and refund you the full amount owed. [Group Classes Only, private consultations can be rescheduled to a mutually convenient time]
- Training staff will take their temperatures daily before arriving at AWS. Should training staff have symptoms, they will follow AWS’ call out policy and group classes will be postponed if another trainer is not available to substitute. All students will be notified immediately.
- All equipment and shared hard surfaces will be thoroughly sanitized between classes and clients. All cleaning supplies used at AWS are veterinary-grade and proven to eliminate a wide variety of pathogens including coronavirus.
- Where possible, ground markings and barriers may be used to facilitate social distancing protocols.
- Students should bring face coverings with them and be prepared to wear them when unable to maintain physical distancing or when indoors.
- Trainers/instructors will also have face masks. If a trainer is required to handle a client’s dog for safety or voluntary demonstration purposes, masks, and separate leashes, gloves or hand sanitizer will be utilized. Leashes and gloves will not be used for more than one dog.
- Chairs will not be provided outdoors. Students are encouraged to bring their own chairs if they think they will need to sit down while outside.
- Students will be required to provide their own water and bowl for their dogs.
- Please do not bring purses and other items to set down on the ground, counter or other shared surface. Treat bags and other supplies need to be on your person.
- No food or beverages for people, other than one bottle of water per person are allowed in the training field (unless for medical necessity).
- NO BATHROOM FACILITIES WILL BE AVAILABLE.
- GROUP CLASSES
- Classes will be held outdoors.
- Please dress accordingly for the weather with no open toed shoes. Wearing bug spray may be necessary for added comfort.
- We ask that only one handler/owner per dog attend class at this time. If circumstances require you to have more attendees, please contact the training department FMI.
- No interaction between dogs is allowed.
- Students will not be allowed to congregate in any entryway, exit, or other common space before or after their lesson/class. Social distancing practices will be required.
- All students and dogs from a class must be completely out of the training area before the next class can enter. Please arrive on time but remain in your car or at a safe social distance until the current class has been dismissed. Staff will give you notification when you may enter the training field. This is to allow for ample cleaning of communal equipment and spaces.
- PRIVATE CONSULTATIONS
- Private consults may be held in the training classroom, outside or a combination of the two.
- Please dress accordingly for the weather with no open toed shoes.
- No more than two handlers/owners per dog may attend the consultation.
- While indoors, students and trainers are required to wear face coverings.
- Social distancing practices will be required both indoors and outside.
- Please remain in your car or at a safe social distance outside until your scheduled appointment time. Staff will greet you at the training room entrance promptly at your appointment time. This is to allow for ample cleaning of communal equipment and spaces.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work together to modify our training programs to best serve our students while maintaining safety and sanitation protocols.