Terms & Conditions
COVID-19 POLICIES AND PROTOCOLS
We stringently adhere to State and CDC mandates on sanitation and social distancing for group classes, drop in sessions and private consultations.
Scheduling & Cancellation
- Registrations for all training programs will be conducted via phone, email or website.
- Notice of any program changes or cancellations will be sent via email.
- Outdoor classes and programs may be cancelled due to inclement weather.
- If you do need to cancel your registration due to illness, we will waive the cancellation fee and refund you the full amount owed. [Group Classes Only, private consultations can be rescheduled to a mutually convenient time]
- Training staff will perform a daily health self-assessment before arriving at AWS. Should training staff have symptoms, they will follow AWS’ call out policy and group classes will be postponed if another trainer is not available to substitute. All students will be notified immediately.
- All equipment and shared hard surfaces will be thoroughly sanitized between classes and clients. All cleaning supplies used at AWS are veterinary-grade and proven to eliminate a wide variety of pathogens including coronavirus.
- Where possible, ground markings and barriers may be used to facilitate social distancing protocols.
- Students are required to wear face masks inside and outside at all times regardless of physical distance. A free disposable mask is available upon request.
- Trainers/instructors will also have face masks.
- Chairs will not be provided outdoors. Students are encouraged to bring their own chairs if they think they will need to sit down while outside.
- Students will be required to provide their own water and bowl for their dogs.
- Please do not bring purses and other items to set down on the ground, counter or other shared surface. Treat bags and other supplies need to be on your person.
- No food or beverages for people, other than one bottle of water per person are allowed in the training field (unless for medical necessity).
- NO BATHROOM FACILITIES WILL BE AVAILABLE.
- Classes will be held outdoors as much as possible factoring in weather and daylight.
- Please dress accordingly for the weather with no open toed shoes. Wearing bug spray may be necessary for added comfort.
- We ask that only ONE handler/owner per dog attend class at this time. If circumstances require you to have more attendees, please contact the training department FMI.
- Please DO NOT let your dog greet another dog. This way we can keep our dogs focused and ready to learn (and follow CDC guidelines.)
- Students will not be allowed to congregate in any entryway, exit, or other common space before or after their lesson/class. Social distancing practices will be required.
- All students and dogs from a class must be completely out of the training area before the next class can enter. Please arrive on time but remain in your car or at a safe social distance until the current class has been dismissed. This is to allow for ample cleaning of communal equipment and spaces.
- Hand sanitizer will be available and encouraged to use at the entrance/exit doors upon arrival and departure.
- Private consults may be held inside the training classroom, outside or a combination of the two.
- Please dress accordingly for the weather with no open toed shoes.
- No more than two handlers/owners per dog may attend the consultation. If circumstances require you to have more attendees, please contact the training department FMI.
- Students and instructors are required to wear face masks inside and outside at all times regardless of physical distance. A free disposable mask is available upon request.
- Social distancing practices will be required both indoors and outside.
- Please remain in your car or at a safe social distance outside until your scheduled appointment time. Staff will greet you at the training room entrance promptly at your appointment time. This is to allow for ample cleaning of communal equipment and spaces.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work together to modify our training programs to best serve our students while maintaining safety and sanitation protocols. For questions, please email the training department and we will get back to you as soon as we can.