Food & Supplies
Your kind donation of food and supplies helps us support the care and wellbeing of 10,000 pets here in our Adoption Center and in our community each year.
Donating food & supply items from our wish lists makes a huge difference and supports our life-saving mission. Thank you for helping us help pets in need!
BIGGEST NEED RIGHT NOW: Purina dry cat food and wet kitten food.
Here are the items that we use the most and need the most. Thank you for your kindness and generosity!
Dogs & Puppies
- Bully sticks
- Canned cheese
- Interactive treat/kibble dispensers
- Soft treats, such as Pup-peroni
- Hard treats, such as Alpo Variety Snaps
- Nylabone DuraChews (medium & large)
- Bones and natural chews
- Canned Purina One (adult)
- Dry Purina One (adult)
- Mendota 6 ft. ⅜” slip leads
- Adaptil products (including plug in refills, sprays and collars)
Cats & Kittens
- Dry Purina One (kitten)
- Canned Purina One poultry flavor (kitten)
- Dry Royal Canin 34 Babycat
- Canned Purina One (adult)
- Dry Whiskas or Purina One (adult)
- Cat Nip Pillows and Toys
- Loose Cat Nip
- Jingle Bells & Toy Mice
- Treats, such as Pounce brand
- Scoopable Cat Litter
- Miracle Nipples w/ Miracle Brand Oring Syringe (for feeding orphaned kittens)
- Feliway products (including plug in refills, sprays and collars)
Would you like a reminder of our preferred brands? Download our Visual Wish List!
Why do we ask for specific brands? Keeping our animals on one brand of food during their stay avoids upset stomachs and helps the pets stay happy and healthy. Other donated pet food (such as Old Roy and store brands) are gratefully received by local food pantries to assist area pet owners in feeding their pets.
Other Important Needs
While we always need food (for our resident pets and for the pet food pantries we supply), there are many other items we use every day.
Visit our Online Wish Lists
Giving made easy! By shopping from one of our online wish lists, the food & supplies you purchase are shipped directly to our doors.
Important notes about our online wish lists:
- None of these online retailers share the name or contact information of the purchases/donor. Thus we are unable to express our gratitude directly. If you want to let us know your donations are coming or are in need of a tax receipt, please contact us.
- Amazon may not deliver certain wish list items due to the fact that we have two zip codes (physical address: Kennebunk, 04043; mailing address: West Kennebunk, 04094). Unfortunately, the issue is largely out of our hands as we have no way of knowing which items will be flagged as undeliverable by Amazon. We apologize in advance should you run into this issue and recommend you consider shopping at Chewy.com or sending us a gift card of comparative value. Thank you for understanding!
Drop off Wish List Items
Thank you for stopping by with your gift for the animals. We ask that you drop off your in-kind donations (food, supplies) at the designated spot in the front of the Adoption Center. You can also come into the Adoption Center if you’d like a donation receipt or would like assistance bringing the items from your vehicle.
Have a Supply Drive
Gather friends, coworkers and family members and collect items from our wish list. Supply drives are great way to celebrate your birthday, bond with your colleagues, or have fun as a family. Supply drive are especially popular around the holidays! Thank you for ensuring that all the pets at AWS will have a joyful and happy time while they’re with us with plenty of treats, toys, and nutritious food.
If you collect a large number of items, please contact us in advance to schedule a time to stop by. We like to celebrate your kindness and generosity and might be able to snap a picture or two with an animal! For children, we like to schedule a personalized hero tour when they make their gift, so they can see first hand how their donation makes a difference.
AWS incurs a tremendous expense to dispose of items that are dropped off that we cannot use. While we are incredibly appreciative of your thoughtful gestures, not all pet items that are used in a home can be used in a shelter and clinic setting. For the safety of our animals, large bedding items and blankets cannot be repurposed. We cannot accept pillows and we cannot safely use open food. Disposal fees take away funds that could be better used for animal care so we appreciate your understanding!