AWS Wish List
To keep our community safe during the COVID-19 situation, we ask that you drop off your in-kind donations (food, supplies) at the designated spot in the front of the Adoption Center. Please remember – we cannot take accept USED donations at this time, including blankets, toys or bedding of any kind, regardless of condition. Thank you for your understanding as we work together to care for the people and pets in our community.
We are so grateful for donations of the items we need most. Thank you for standing beside us as we help animals in need.
We have organized our wish list by food, function, fun and financial. By choosing items from our list of the 4Fs, you can be assured that your donations will go as far as possible here at AWS and allow us to focus our resources on medical care, rescue missions and animal comfort.
If you can’t make it over to AWS in person, consider making a donation from our Amazon Wish List. Amazon will send your items directly to our doors (usually with free shipping!) so we’ll be able to put them to use right away. Log in via smile.amazon.com and 0.5% of your purchase price is donated by the Amazon Smile Foundation.
FOOD: We can have 300+ pets in our care at any given time. Each animal receives nutritious morning and evening meals and treats and healthy snacks throughout the day. Pets with medical conditions or special diets are served the diets appropriate to keep them happy and healthy.
CATS & KITTENS
- Dry Whiskas or Dry Purina One food (adult)
- Canned Friskies or Fancy Feast (adult)
- Dry Purina One (kitten)
- Canned Fancy Feast (kitten)
- Dry Royal Canin 34 (babycat)
- Kitten Milk Replacement (KMR)
DOGS & PUPPIES
- Dry Purina One food (adult)
- Canned Purina One (adult)
- Dry Iams food (puppy)
- Training Treats
- Dental Treats
- Long-lasting Treats or Chews
RABBITS, BIRDS & SMALL ANIMALS
- Fresh vegetables (no iceberg)
- High-quality dry food (by species)
- Timothy Hay Chew Sticks
We ask for specific brands because keeping our animals on one brand of food during their stay avoids upset stomachs. Other donated pet food (such as Old Roy and store brands) are gratefully received by local food pantries to assist area pet owners in feeding their pets.
Would you like a reminder of our preferred brands? Download our Visual Wish List!
FUN: Our animals love to have fun! We do our very best to keep their minds engaged and bodies active during their stay.
- Durable dog toys last the longest and are the safest for use in our kennels. We love Kongs, Nylabones, Orbees, rawhides and bully sticks.
- Cat nip pillows and toys, and interactive cat toys such as jingle balls are purr-fect.
- Small training treats for dogs learning obedience skills.
FUNCTION: Keeping a busy adoption center, training and youth education classrooms and veterinary clinic running smoothly is a big job. These items help us day in and day out.
- Towels (all sizes)
- Paper towels
- Toilet Paper
- Postage Stamps
- Cat Litter
- Copy Paper
- Carefresh Small Animal Bedding
- Aspen Wood Shavings Pet Bedding
- Wood or paper pellets
- Small pet igloo houses
- Small pet water bottles with hangers
FINANCIAL: We simply could not do what we do without the generous monetary gifts from our community.
- A monetary gift of any size allows us to buy exactly what we need, when we need it
- Gift cards to Amazon.com, Lowes, Home Depot, Hannaford and local pet supply stores
- Donations can be made online or mailed directly to AWS at PO Box 43, West Kennebunk, ME 04094
At this time, we do not need newspapers, copy paper, shredded paper, or used office supplies. We are unable to accept the following items due to usability, storage restrictions and laundry facility limitations.
- PILLOWS or CUSHIONS
- SHEETS, COMFORTERS, QUILTS OR HEAVY BLANKETS
- LARGE DOG BEDS (new or used)
- Used dog and cat crates
- Food bowls, litter boxes, small animal habitats, and cat scratching posts
- Yard sale type household goods
Do you have items you wish to donate that are not on this list? Wondering if we can use the items you have? Please CALL US FIRST at (207) 985-3244 ext 200.
Thank you for your generous support!