AWS Wish List
Make A Donation from our Online Wish List
Thank you for standing beside us as we help so many animals in need. Online wish lists are the fastest and easiest way to make your donation to AWS, especially in these times of social distancing. We have dedicated wish lists with Chewy.com and Amazon.com. Both offer an easy way to shop to help our animals. Both Chewy and Amazon will send your items directly to our doors so they can be put to use right away!
(Remember, if you use Amazon, not just for a wish list donation but for anything you may buy, be sure to log in via smile.amazon.com and select Animal Welfare Society as your preferred charity. The Amazon Smile Foundation will donate 0.5% of your total purchase amount directly to AWS!)
Drop Off Wish List Items or Have a Supply Drive
Your donations make a huge difference to the daily care of hundreds of pets at AWS. We have organized our wish list by food, function, fun and financial. By choosing items from our list of the 4Fs, you can be assured that your donations will go as far as possible here at AWS and allow us to focus our resources on medical care, rescue missions and animal comfort.
To maintain social distancing and to protect our community’s health, our Adoption Center is closed to visitors. We ask that you drop off your in-kind donations (food, supplies) at the designated spot in the front of the Adoption Center.
FOOD: We can have 300+ pets in our care at any given time. Each animal receives nutritious morning and evening meals and treats and healthy snacks throughout the day. Pets with medical conditions or special diets are served the diets appropriate to keep them happy and healthy.
CATS & KITTENS
- Dry Whiskas or Dry Purina One food (adult)
- Canned Friskies or Fancy Feast (adult)
- Dry Purina One (kitten)
- Canned Purina One (kitten)
- Dry Royal Canin 34 (babycat)
- Kitten Milk Replacement (KMR)
DOGS & PUPPIES
- Dry Purina One food (adult)
- Canned Purina One (adult)
- Dry Iams food (puppy)
- Training Treats
- Dental Treats
- Long-lasting Treats or Chews
RABBITS, BIRDS & SMALL ANIMALS
- Fresh vegetables (no iceberg)
- High-quality dry food (by species)
- Timothy Hay Chew Sticks
We ask for specific brands because keeping our animals on one brand of food during their stay avoids upset stomachs. Other donated pet food (such as Old Roy and store brands) are gratefully received by local food pantries to assist area pet owners in feeding their pets.
Would you like a reminder of our preferred brands? Download our Visual Wish List!
FUN: Our animals love to have fun! We do our very best to keep their minds engaged and bodies active during their stay.
- Durable dog toys last the longest and are the safest for use in our kennels. We love Kongs, Nylabones, Orbees, rawhides and bully sticks.
- Cat nip pillows and toys, and interactive cat toys such as jingle balls are purr-fect.
- Small training treats for dogs learning obedience skills.
FUNCTION: Keeping a busy adoption center, training and youth education classrooms and veterinary clinic running smoothly is a big job. These items help us day in and day out.
- Paper towels
- Toilet Paper
- Postage Stamps
- Cat Litter
- Copy Paper
- Carefresh Small Animal Bedding
- Wood or paper pellets
- Small pet igloo houses
- Small pet water bottles with hangers
*As of 11/2020: We do not need towels or blankets at this time. Thanks to the generosity of our community, we are well stocked!
FINANCIAL: We simply could not do what we do without the generous monetary gifts from our community.
- A monetary gift of any size allows us to buy exactly what we need, when we need it
- Gift cards to Amazon.com, Lowes, Home Depot, Hannaford and local pet supply stores
- Donations can be made online or mailed directly to AWS at PO Box 43, West Kennebunk, ME 04094
If you are looking to donate linens or bedding, please note we are able to accept and utilize CERTAIN kinds. When we are running low or when we have sufficient storage space****, we can take towels (bath, hand or face cloth), pillow cases (NO PILLOWS, PLEASE!) and fleece blankets. We ask that you make these donations in a secure plastic bag. Please understand that we cannot accept or safely utilize the following: pillows, cushions, mattress pads, large blankets, comforters, bed spreads and sheet sets.
****As of 11/2020: We do not need towels or blankets at this time. Thanks to the generosity of our community, we are well stocked!
We are unable to accept the following items due to usability, safety, storage restrictions and laundry facility limitations.
- PILLOWS or CUSHIONS
- SHEETS, COMFORTERS, QUILTS OR HEAVY BLANKETS
- MATTRESS PADS
- LARGE DOG BEDS (new or used)
- Food bowls, litter boxes, small animal habitats, and cat scratching posts
- Yard sale type household goods
Do you have items you wish to donate that are not on this list? Wondering if we can use the items you have? Please CALL US FIRST at (207) 985-3244 ext 200.
Thank you for your generous support!