AWS Wish List
We are so grateful for donations of supplies! Thank you for standing beside us as we help animals in need. By choosing items from our list of the 4Fs, we can focus our resources on medical care, rescue missions, and animal comfort.
Food: Keeping our animals on one brand of food during their stay avoids upset stomachs. Other types of pet food are gratefully received by local food pantries to assist area pet owners in feeding their animals.
- We feed our dogs dry Purina One food and canned Purina One.
- We feed our cats dry Whiskas food and canned Friskies.
- We feed our puppies dry Iams puppy food.
- We feed our kittens dry Royal Canin 34 (babycat formula), dry Purina One kitten food, canned Fancy Feast and Kitten Milk Replacement (KMR).
Fun: Our animals love to have fun. We do our very best to keep their minds engaged and bodies active during their stay.
- Durable dog toys last the longest and are the safest for use in our kennels. We love Kongs, Nylabones, Orbees, rawhides and bully sticks.
- Cat nip pillows and toys, and interactive cat toys such as jingle balls are purr-fect.
- Small training treats for dogs learning obedience skills.
Function: Keeping a busy shelter and veterinary clinic running smoothly is a big job. These items help us day in and day out.
- Towels (all sizes) - Paper towels - Toilet Paper - Postage Stamps - Cat Litter
Financial: We simply could not do what we do without the generous gifts from our community.
- A monetary gift of any size is incredibly helpful and allows us to buy exactly what we need, when we need it
- Gift cards to Amazon.com, Lowes, Home Depot, Hannaford and local pet supply stores are appreciated and used regularly
- Donations can be mailed directly to AWS at PO Box 43, West Kennebunk, ME 04094
Not local? That’s ok! Please visit our Amazon Wish List. Shipping is usually free and the items are delivered right to our doors! Be sure to log in to your Amazon account at smile.amazon.com and 0.5% of your purchase price will be donated by the Amazon Smile Foundation to AWS.
At this time, we do not need newspapers, copy paper, shredded paper, or used office supplies.
We are unable to accept the following items due to space restrictions and laundry facility limitations.
- Sheets, heavy blankets, quilts, comforters, pillows, and cushions
- Large dog beds – used and new
- Used dog and cat crates
- Food bowls, litter boxes, small animal habitats, and cat scratching posts
Thank you for your generous support!