All training classes have been postponed. Drop-in programs and private consultations are cancelled until further notice.
We will continue to keep you updated and communicate when classes plan to start again. Our plan is to keep all currently running classes scheduled for the same days and times and pick-up where we left off at a later date. Classes that have not started yet, will also be scheduled for the same days and times but start dates will be pushed back to a later date. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we all social distance ourselves!
Please visit AWS' FB page and AWS Teachers' Pets FB page for all the latest updates as well as regular training tips and fun videos during this down time to keep you and your dog involved and working.
Led by an experienced team of certified professional dog trainers, AWS' Canine Training program offers a variety of exciting and progressive classes for pups of all ages, breeds and abilities!
Why take canine training classes?
- Provide a solid foundation for your dog’s growth and development. Classes teach dogs how to interact with people, including members of your family and strangers. Dogs learn manners around other animals, including family pets. Dogs, from the youngest puppy to the most distinguished senior, can benefit from training classes.
- Bond with your companion. Classes are just as much for people as they are for pets. Training classes teach you and your human family members many important skills Dog owners learn how to identify and react to common dog behaviors by understanding how dogs think. Training together builds trust and enhances your relationship between you and your pooch.
- Teach your dog social norms in new environments. Dogs learn essential skills for navigating new environments such as how to walk on a leash, how to greet guests and strangers, and how to come when called. Trained dogs can participate more fully in social functions by being present at kids’ sporting events, attending family holiday celebrations and taking part in outdoor activities like sledding, cross country skiing, jogging or just exploring the neighborhood. A trained dog is part of the family!
- Experience fun new activities together. Training opens up a new world for you and your dog, one you might never have considered. Classes provide dogs with the skills and training to do agility trials, AKC Rally obedience, tracking, search and rescue, water rescue trials, reading programs, and therapy work – just to name a few. There are plenty of amazingly fun and philanthropic activities you and your dog can do together!
- Have fun! Simply put, you and your pooch will love training classes.
Ready to get started?
Select an image below to see the classes and programs we offer or visit this page for a full listing.
Rather search by your type of dog? Visit Training for All Dogs to view listings for small breeds, puppies, shy dogs and more.
Follow the AWS Teachers’ Pets on Facebook. You don’t want to miss the interesting tidbits on dog obedience training, fun anecdotes from classes and pictures of our graduates!