Statewide Resources


The Maine State Society for the Protection of Animals (MSSPA) can provide temporary assistance for Maine horses and their owners including feed, farrier or dental services, and veterinary care.

Animal Control

Animal Control Officers (ACOs) are trained professionals employed by a local municipality (usually the police department) to handle all calls related to stray, homeless or lost pets. They are trained to handle stray and homeless animals safely and transport them…

Follow Us!